Check Processing & ACH
What is electronic check conversion?
Electronic check conversion is a process in which a customer’s check is used as a source of information to complete an electronic payment.
The check number, account number, and the number that identifies the financial institution is scanned and processed like a debit card transaction. The check itself is not the method of payment, just the means of getting the information for the transaction.
Electronic Check Processing with Check Guarantee
With check guarantee, when you scan a check, the funds are guaranteed if the check is approved during the check conversion process.
- Eliminate bad checks
- Eliminate bank trips
- Eliminate bank deposit fees
- Cheaper than credit card processing fees
- Spend more time growing your business
Our ACH payment service enables you to electronically collect payments from your clients and customers for either single-entry or recurring payments by directly debiting your customer’s checking or saving accounts.
Here are the following ways ACH can help your business:
- Provide customers with alternative to credit cards and checks
- Lower per-transaction fees from checks or credit cards
- Quicker deposit then traditional checks
Check conversion process:
- The Consumer presents a completed paper check for payment.
- Using an imager, the Merchant scans the check to capture all information.
- The Merchant adds the payment amount and electronically submits the transaction.
- The paper check is stamped “VOID” and returned to the consumer (along with a copy of the receipt).
- Only personal checks written against a U.S. bank account can be converted. Business checks, government checks, cashier’s checks, etc. are not accepted.
- The paper check must be captured with a scanner/reader. Check data cannot be manually entered or keyed.
- The consumer must be notified that their paper checks will be used to make an electronic conversion.
- The check must be stamped VOID and returned to the consumer.
- Customer’s name, physical address, home or cell phone number and drivers license number must be written on check prior to scanning.
What kind of equipment do I need?
We offer a wide variety of check scanners for every type of business, and solutions to process ACH payments. Contact us below and find the best option available for your business. about the different check processing solutions available for your business.